The Operational Leaders Course is our solution to the challenges that military, law enforcement, and first responder leadership face in keeping their teams mission ready.
Physical fitness stands as one of the primary pillars in military and para-military organizations. Fitness standards are often utilized as a barrier to entry, and a metric which must be maintained for continued employment.
In many organizations, leadership positions are assigned without any formal education on how to develop their team’s fitness. Without this education, leaders often revert to personal preference, whatever trend is popular at the moment, or what worked for them individually in the past.
The consequence of these factors is that purposeful structure rarely exists. Training is made up on the spot, and the most important training concepts are often ignored.
The ideas of “more is better” and “harder is better” is so pervasive that even the highest tier operators fall victim. Scientific methods are thrown to the wayside in favor of hammering athletes until they succeed or succumb to injury.
This short-term mindset often leads to unnecessary injuries which negatively impact their overall fitness and the longevity of their career.
A random and unstructured approach is not the proper way to create healthy and capable teams.
O.L.C.’s design teaches the individual that finds themself in a position of leadership how to plan, design, and implement effective training programs for their team.
It addresses many of the challenges that leaders will face including:
- Balancing organizational assessments with the specific demands of their profession
- Individual session design
- Microcycle design
- Proper Exercise selection
- Volume and Intensity Guidelines
- Body Composition and its impact on performance
- Nutrition and its role in performance and body composition
- When and how to build mental toughness
- Training calendars, deployments, and environmental constraints that do not allow consistent physical training.
- Methods to motivate teams
- Assessment design
- Fundamental Movement
**Which modules are included is determined by the duration of the course and the demands of the unit.
Course Dates: June 26 & June 27th
Course Location: Atomic Athlete HQ – Austin, Texas