Night Ops is back, again, for the 8th or 9th go…we’re not sure which one it is.
About the Event:
Each Night Ops is a little different but the core concept remains the same: You and your team will move throughout downtown Austin under load, in low light conditions, and accomplish as many objectives as possible in a limited amount of time.
The course, objectives, and rules will be disseminated at the start of the race.
Your ability to follow instructions, task out your team appropriately based on abilities, and utilize modern resources will determine how well you do in the race.
Tasks range greatly in nature, examples include:
- Acquire and carry external loads
- Obtain difficult to find items
- Travel to a specific locations to retrieve an integrity item
- Get wet, dirty, or both
- Do something physically demanding
- Think critically
- Efficiently utilize modern technology and resources
- Do something embarrassing
- Date: 12/5/2020
- Time: 7:00pm
- Team size: 3 people
- Location: South Central Austin – exact start point will be disseminated later
- Duration: 2 hours, 6-10 miles depending on route selection
- Cost: $75 per person – REGISTER INDIVIDUALLY
- Equipment: Headlamp, small pack, smartphone.
- We will do a digital check in prior to the event
- Mission packet will be a digital set of instructions.
- Checkpoints will all be contactless, no interaction with other humans is required to complete the event.
- Finish point will require a visual check in but will also be contactless.
- After party will be at an outdoor venue that adheres to all COVID protocols and is optional. Food and beverage will be onsite for purchase.