DIY TRX System
Suspension training is a great way to use your bodyweight to improve strength and strength endurance while also engaging your core. There are a number of benefits from using a TRX training system, but TRX systems can cost anywhere from $100-$200. Not all of us have the luxury of going to a gym where these suspension trainers are available and most of us don’t want to spend $100 to get a TRX of our own. Here, we will show you how to make your own TRX Suspension Trainer for under $10.
What you’ll need:
– Tie Down Straps – need to be rated over your bodyweight
– Two 5-6 inch long pieces of ¾” PVC Pipe
– Three pieces of rope or webbing – 2 feet in length
How to make it:
- Put 1 rope piece through 6 inch long pvc pipe and through ring of one tie down strap. Tie rope into no slip knot such as a square knot. (Repeat this with other strap)
- Take remaining rope piece and put it through both rings of the straps on the side opposite of the ones you just made your handles on.
- Place rope up high around something sturdy, such as a pull-up bar or thick tree branch, and tie no slip knot. Ensure that this knot is secure, as if you tie the wrong knot and it slips while training you can injure yourself. We suggest tying a safety knot as well.
- Pull on the dangling handles firmly to make sure your homemade TRX can handle your body weight.