To follow the Hybrid Programming you will either need to train in a fully outfitted facility or a garage gym stocked with the minimal equipment below. You can get away with having less and making modifications using our exercise substitutions page.
For our Specific PDF programs less equipment will be required and will be listed on the purchase page.
- Barbell, preferably an Olympic Style bar
- Bumper Plates 45,25,10lbs
- Steel Plates 5,2.5lbs
- Squat Rack with settings low enough to Bench Press
- 1 Kettlebell appropriate to strength (Males 16-20kg / Females 12-16kg)
- Pair of Dumbells appropriate to strength (Males 25-35lbs / Females 15-25lbs)
- Sandbag appropriate to strength (Males 60-80lbs / Females 40-60lbs)
- Slam Ball (Males 20lbs, Females 10lbs)
- Pullup Bar
- Tire Set up for Dragging – Make one
- 12-14” Box (can also use Stacked Plates)
Outfitting a garage gym is an investment. For most athletes you will need to build it piece by piece. Picking through Craigslist will be the cheapest way to outfit your garage gym.
For those of you that want to purchase new we suggest buying from Fringesport.com. They already have the above pieces packaged up for Atomic Athlete.