Warrior One is a 6 week minimalist, reduced volume program. Designed for the aging athlete or detrained athlete that can’t handle a full training volume. This program will rotate between progressed strength endurance, aerobic base and work capacity efforts with supplemental core and resilience work.
Suggested Programs Prior:
Suggested Programs After:
- Bodyweight Only, Kettlebell Only
Suggested training frequency:
- 3 days per week
- Step Up Bench
- Dumbbell or Kettlebells
- Watch or Timer
- Pull Up Bar
Program Questions: Coach@Atomic-Athlete.com
Welcome to Warrior One! There are literally thousands of individuals in the U.S. that own, and even carry a handgun with them, but VERY FEW are prepared to use it. Keep in mind that effectively using a handgun, i.e. winning a fight is going to take skill and mindset. The skill comes from training. Most people make the mistake of thinking that they have to shoot on the range for days on end to develop that skill. This simply isn’t true!
Dry fire training in short, robust and directed sessions is a great skill developer. That combined with dedicated live fire training sessions that mirror the skills you develop in dry fire will take your handgun shooting ability to a very high level. A few more keys to this program:
- Purpose: The handgun training in this program is taken directly from the Defensive Handgun Training program originally authored by Mike Seeklander. The videos and drills are all designed improve your marksmanship and manipulation skills.
- Schedule: You have three sessions per week to go through, two of them dry fire and one live fire. If you can not shoot live fire once a week, you can stack two sessions togethousandser during one weekend day. Just make sure to take at least a 30 min to 1 hour break between the training sessions.
- Download the PDF (Dry and Live Fire drills)
- Read the PDF, as it will answer many of your questions about the program.
- On the dry fire drills, attempt to make the goal times, but keep in mind they are set to challenge very skilled shooters. Your MTT times are your times, no one else’s.
- Have questions that aren’t answered after you read the PDF? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org