The Forge is the third tier of our Competence Series. Held in various wilderness areas in the Western United States, the Forge is a five day land navigation and backcountry experience. Attendees undergo multiple blocks of instruction each day along with practical exercises.
The majority of training blocks are specific to moving and surviving in the outdoors with minimal equipment for extended durations. Additional training blocks, such as medical, combatives, and/or communications are added based on the cadre members attending and the needs of the client/organization.
This event is physically demanding and conducted at elevations of 7,000 to 13,000 feet. Attendees are expected to be physically prepared prior to the event, to include the capability to carry 35-50 lbs. through mountainous terrain.
The Forge will most likely have attendees doing things they have never have done before. It tests your physicality and mental toughness, yet it is not an assessment. Although the course demands much, it isn’t a selection course, nor is it designed to be. Camaraderie, teamwork, and scenarios are integrated into the course.
- Ladies Forge Dates – arrive 7/20 and depart 7/26
- Ladies Forge Location – Medicine Bow National Forest outside of Saratoga Wyoming.
- Men’s Forge Dates – arrive 7/13 and depart 7/19
- Men’s Forge Location – Flat Tops or West Elk Wilderness
- Must be a current athlete
- All first year attendees must pass a pack test 4 weeks before event start date to ensure fitness is high enough.
- Event is capped to 8 first years and 4 team leaders.
- Injured attendees must hike out, planned route will not change.
- If event sells out contact Jake to get on the waitlist.
- Full Packing List HERE.