We take pride in our program and our coaching. To be a certified Atomic Athlete Coach you must complete 5 tasks.
All coaching candidates must attend our 14-day coaching seminar. This seminar covers our training methodology, coaching philosophy, and programming.
Each coaching candidate must work hands on with our athletes and coaches. The candidate is required to observe 6 sessions where the head coach will provide coaching instruction to the candidate during the class. The candidate will then Assistant Coach at least 6 sessions where they will assist the head coach and lead half the session. Finally the candidate will be required to successfully lead 6 sessions on their own. The head coach will evaluate each candidate during these sessions and give them a pass / fail based on their performance.
Each candidate is required to pass the following fitness test. The test is given back to back and it is required to pass every event.
- Total Body Strength: Ground to Overhead 1.15 x bodyweight (.75 for females)
- Upper Body Strength Endurance: 15 strict pullups (5 for females)
- Lower Body Strength Endurance: 20 reps Front Squat at bodyweight (.75 for females)
- Anaerobic Work Capacity: 1000 meter run in under 4 minutes
- Mental Toughness: 70x Sandbag Getups in 10 minutes (60lbs for females)
- Aerobic Capacity: 3 mile run in 21:30 minutes
Written Test Portion
Each Candidate must pass our written exam which covers all the topics in the manual. Test cutoff time is 90 minutes.
Each athlete must proficiently demonstrate and instruct all the barbell foundation lifts and describe the fundamental differences and variations of each.